From its initial stages onward, website development has witnessed certain trends emerging to popularity at some point of time. Parallax scrolling, infographic, and material designs are cases in point. Similar to these trends, card based web designing is rapidly gaining the attention of organizations all over the world now. Hence most of the web development company in India started adapting to this new pattern of structuring websites. Let us check out what it is? Its features, usage, and scope.
What is Card Based Website Design ?
Card websites are modeled on the shape of a rectangle. The cards can be set in such way to open according to the screen resolution of users. It can be linked with so much information, and interactivity. It is an improved form of tile, or portrait like structure. A web developer cannot simply create some rectangle boxes and stuff information in it and call them as a card design. The structure, arrangement, functionalities, and uniqueness of card web designs are simply different.
Why it is Emerging into Prominence ?
This pattern of website designing can be extended to include numerous features, and can be easily customized as favored by the developers. Major traits of card web development are worth mentioning.
- Cards help developers to create websites having superb information architecture. The superiority of a grid based information can be exploited at its best by the use of cards.
- This type of design provides maximum information to the clients in a limited space. It gives a feel of a well organized system in which things can be beautifully presented as well as linked to each other.
- Maintaining of an information hierarchy is much easier with cards. The most relevant and valid information can be pushed at first in front of the user. Thus visitors get valid information as the developers or organizations prioritize.
- Images play the most important role. Information is conveyed to the users with the help of images, hence it calls for minimum written contents. Multiple ways can be utilized to manipulate contents in a web page developed by using card architecture.
- Graphics, animations, and typography can be used to its maximum potential in this type of website. Then the interface, and user experiences par excellence. The scope to display creative skills of developers is plenty in this kind of web architecture.
- Cards are attractive to the eyes, and responsive in nature. So it is an ideal pattern for smart phones. Card based web design is compatible with any screen resolutions.
Scope of Card Website Designing
Users will be really astonished to find the number of popular websites that make use of cards. The news feed page of Facebook, Google Now, Twitter, and above all Pinterest are vastly using card based web layouts. Another facet which adds to the growth of this architecture is the mobile phone compatibility indeed. So web developers will exploit its’ potential for a long time.
Card based website designing is in the starting stage now. There are plenty of questions yet to be answered such as:
is this pattern ideal for the development of all kinds of websites?
Can it meet the demands of big corporates in a large scale?
Is it suitable for modular websites only?
However, this type of designing is widely used and developed in more innovative ways these days. Agriya as an expert web development company India foresees a great future for card based website designing.